I want a best friend who will make plans with me because she wants to see me.
I want a best friend who won't ditch me because she forgot, because she always forgot, she had plans with me and made new plans.
I want a best friend who gives a crap about me.
I want a best friend who knows there's a risk they'll get yelled at when I'm upset, but tries despite that risk.
I want a best friend who understands I know I stand the same risks, and I stay anyway.
I want a best friend who will tell me when something is wrong with us, so we can try to work through it together.
I want a best friend who won't get mad at me every time my advice ends up being hypocritical, because I'm not always the best at practicing what I preach, even if I know it's better for me.
I want a best friend who gets that I know it's hard to do what's best, but I'm just trying to help keep my best friend from making the same mistakes as me.
But most of all:
I want a best friend who loves me for me. ALL of me. Not just parts of me, and especially not just the parts that benefit her.
But I guess those are pretty high expectations for a best friend these days.
So what's better? Settle for lower expectations, or settle for no best friend at all? Doesn't really matter, I guess. Either way, I'll be alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment